Monday, January 7, 2013

Fetal Assessment

The last few days have been more un-eventful and good! Curtis and I discovered that if he takes my blood pressure, then it ends up being lower. this is because I work myself up when I do it myself, and it ends up reading falsely high due to my anxiety. My pressures have stayed in the appropriate range, since we discovered this, and this will be our second full day of no hospital visit (for high blood pressure that is... I DID have a fetal assessment today).

When I say reasonable, the bottom number is still in the 90's, so  we're not down to a normal blood pressure reading or anything, just enough to keep me out of the hospital. Right now, I'll take what I can get!

Yesterday we had a meeting with our Doula. I am glad we have her on board, she will be good at preparing us for our induced labor (and how it will be different from a natural labor), and explaining everything that will be going on. She'll help us know what we can question, what rights we have, what choices we have with our little preemie etc... It relieves a lot of anxiety knowing we have an advocate on our side. It also gives us back a sense of control in a bit of a helpless situation.

Today we had our second fetal assessment! There are two pictures below. The first is from last Monday's assessment, and is a shot with baby's face (he kind of has his arm across his right eye, like he's trying to cover his face). The second picture is from today and is a nice close up of his face. Same situation. It looks like a shadow but he likes to put his arms across his face (He's saying "no pictures please!").  Both fetal assessments indicated that he is healthy and doing well!





Again we say thanks for all the prayers, and we continue to ask for continued prayers as things are starting to stabilize! We aren't out of the danger zone, and we hope you will keep praying with us even though things are looking better now! We still have a few weeks to go, and your prayers are very important in carrying us through that.

I've had people asking if there are other ways they can support us. At this time our care group and church meals ministry is providing us with meals 6 days a week, so that part is covered. I am also not open to visitors at this time because it raises my blood pressure to have company over. It doesn't really matter who it is, even family can do that. It's nothing personal, it's just a game I have to play for the next few weeks. Once we have our little bundle of joy, we'll still need support (and we still won't be prepared or have things together, since I can't do any running around) so I invite visitors at that time! Plus, then there will be someone cute to look at.

I've also had people calling and e-mailing to check in, requesting personal responses back. I appologize if I don't respond, but this is why I started this blog. As you can imagine, both Curtis and I are very exhausted these days, and don't have the energy to keep up with everyone's inqureys.  I am re-directing people to this blog as it is an easy way for me to keep everyone updated at once! We love and appreciate all the concerns and inquireys, and I hope no one is offended by a lack-of-response or by these comments! I'd love to respond to every phone call and text, but right now I just need to be relaxing. And again, the most important thing people can be doing for us is prayer. We can feel the effects of this, and it is an incomparable support during this situation.

Thanks again for all the prayers and concerns!

No comments:

Post a Comment