Saturday, September 25, 2010

cool happenings lately

So my friend just got married. I had the honor of being her maid of honor!  Now that the honeymoon is over, she is beginning to see where human marriage falls short...but luckily she has a strong connection to her savior and is beginning to see how Christ is truly a lover! I am so excited for her to learn that journey!
Something really cool happened to her today when she said "yes" to God. She did devotions on her front steps of the appartment block she lives in...on young street... as she was sitting at the end, a young couple came up to her and handed her an invitation to their wedding. they said "we'd like you to come to our wedding!"...she has NEVER met this couple before, and on the invitation is the passage about the wedding feast...


Now, I understand skepticism about this...maybe it's a Jehova's witness thing, maybe another cult...but REALLY?! She listened to God by doing devo's outside, and this is what happened. Pretty sure it's from God!

well, either way, i'm taking it as a sign from God about end times. He's been telling me how he is rejecting the big churches, and building smaller ones. with the rejects...just like the wedding feast in the bible. SO exciting!

I went for a jog today and God stopped me in a park. He got me to do some excercises and then some balancing streatches. He made me do them with my eyes open, and i did alright, but as soon as He got me to close my eyes, I lost my balance! "you see?" He said "you need your sight in order to stay balanced...you need me in order to stand strong spiritually! Now let me balance you!"

He then proceeded to get me to do some complicated balancing poses i cant do on my own. He got me to close my eyes, tilt my head/gaze etc... and I remained stable until the end!! It was super easy! I should bring Jesus to yoga! haha!
Anyway, it was a cool experience and a reminder that Christ's plans are the greatest ones!

No comments:

Post a Comment