Friday, October 22, 2010

Jesus

I sat down to do morning devo's and I had yogurt and fruit for my breakfast sitting near. Then I got that feeling that I get before God gives me a prophecy. So  I sat down and proceeded to babble in tongues. Then I heard the voice of my God and He said to me
"Krysta, I want to speak with you. Don't pursue tongues, pursue me..."
To this, my response was to begin thinking of all the names of Christ...well, what He is to me.
Jesus, my savior
Jesus, my author
Jesus, my lover
Jesus, so strong! Stronger than death!
Jesus, you're so worthy of my admiration
Jesus, my leader
Jesus I long for you. I thirst after you like a deprived lover longs to physically be with their spouse. I want you to come over me, come through me, overtake me.

As I began to describe Christ to myself and Him, He began to speak "put the yogurt down...it is unclean today... Live on me Krysta". So I put the yogurt down.  I had intended to go the gym, but God it seems has other plans. "You don't live on bread alone, and today I will teach you this. Drink water. drink my water. Be with me..."
Well, now i'm gonna do just that!
"I long for the water that brings life to me... I long for the truth, it sets man free..." --Shawn McDonald
           ---------------------------------------------------
-----------------------------------------
Later that morning...
-----------------------------------------
           ---------------------------------------------------

Man what a morning! It started with some dancing! I was listening to shawn McDonald and worshipped in a vulnerable way I never have before, by dancing. Half way through the dance God whispered "you need a banner for me". and I said "but i have nothing to make it with!" ..."yes you do" He said...He directed me to the back of our appartment, where I happened to find some scraps of fabric from our curtians! They were perfect and flowy for dancing, but still clearly just rags...So I began to sew them together by hand...

"This is how I made you krysta... stitch by stitch. I don't use a sewing machine to knit to you together, it takes me nine months to create a person!"
I kept sewing... one row, two rows...three rows "Keep going Krysta,  I never do anything just "good enough"..it is perfect...
After I sewed it I feel like God revealed that A friend at church who is a dancer, will need this on sunday...as if this perticular banner will help set her free.... seems strange to me, but HEY!
So i began painting it with food coloring (which was both fun and messy).

By the end, my hands were stained bright pink... (i have to work now today with bright pink hands) and Christ said "I should be as obvious to those you see, as these stains will be... What will you tell them krysta? will you say "i was playing with food coloring" or will you say "This is from a spiritual encounter"?" 

I was convicted. I STILL don't know what I will do.

When that was done, I did a few other things I felt lead to do, but in the process experienced some warfare! As I defeated the evil one, the LORD lead me to Proverbs 31:10-31... and after reading it he said "Krysta, you will be this woman! I have gifted you to do these things. Keep unto Me and I will do this! Your very mission in life will be your family!"
...wow... I'm not sure what to think! As I read the proverb, I longed to be that woman, yet to I feel like saying "really God? just my family? that's what all this prophecy, prayer and all that is for?"...but hey! What do I know? ...This brings many questions, but also much praise! I know I can rejoice in loving my husband. I can be energised by helping those around me, sharing with them. I know I can look for good deals, work hard, and do it ALL for my family! I know that somehow my prophetic gifts will be used in my family...but there's more to it, this is also referring to my spiritual family...my church... Now that takes Proverbs 31 to an entirely new level!!!!

1 comment:

  1. blessings..... I'm glad there is someone else who talks "continuously" to God like me... so cool how it all worked out....

    ReplyDelete