Friday, December 3, 2010

ADD treatment day1/2

So I dropped off the prescription from my doctor two days ago and haven't gotten around to filling it till now. it's called methylphenidate and I take 5 mg two times a day...it's basically the smallest dose possible and we'll see how it goes and adjust the dose from there! It's an interesting drug cause it only stays in your system for 4 hours. So basically, I can take it when I know I will need to focus on something.

I decided to pull a "here goes nothing" and give it a shot. I just popped a pill, so we'll see what happens! I'm definately nervous about it... but apparently one of the side effects is loss in appetite... which for me is a good thing! lol!

I really hope this works out. it'll be nice to have a bit of control and think clearly for once.

PS: I haven't told my mom about this yet. If you've ever met her, then you probably understand that I don't want her making a big deal out of it. I plan on telling her once i'm settled into a certain dosage and have been on it for a while (A.K.A her opinion will have no effect or meaning on my life decisions)

Other than that, feel free to keep me in your prayers, and read my blog posts to get further updates on how the drugs are making me feel! I have a band gig this weekend, and lately my ADD has been a bit rediculous at practices, so I'm curious how the weekend will go with the drugs!

:) whoot!

No comments:

Post a Comment