Monday, December 6, 2010

A.D.D. update

So I think it's safe to say these meds are doing something! They said it'd take two weeks to see the full effect but I'm definately noticing results already! I'll just give you a bulleted list!

At Home:
  • I am not frustrated by folding socks, because I remember which ones I left on my knee
  • When I clean, I don't jump from room to room in a scattered way. I can focus and clean one room. If I have to put something away in a different room, I don't get distracted and start cleaning THAT room.
  • When I think of something important, I dont have to drop everything I am doing to do that task. I can finish my present duty and be confident I will remember the important thing later (seriously THAT is mind blowing)
 At Work
  • When we are over-loaded with customers in Jewellry, I do not get overwhelmed. I focus on my customer and don't neglect security. I will patiently put things back before rushing to take out the next piece of jewellry for the customer to see.
  • When my manager comes to help i dont get flustered, I remain focused on my task and I DON'T forget little procedural tasks that I usually neglect! In fact, my managet didn't correct me ONCE the entire two hour period she was there!
At Band practice
  • three other band members got impatient or frustrated but I didn't lose my cool even once the entire weekend
  • i was not stressed out
  • i didn't run around, make stupid comments, or give a lot of rambling unnecessary advice.
  • I was focused on the song at hand, even if it was just the band working on a part.
At Church
  •  even curtis couldn't focus, but I did!
  • I can still remember every point of the sermon, and the random funny bits of it.
  • :) In Excelcies Deo means "God be exalted in the Highest"
  •  The Shepherds in france used to yell across the fields at midnight "GLORIA! IN EXCELCIES DEO!" and other shepherds would respond with the same answer
  • The churches began using this phrase at their christmas eve mass
  • it became a song, about people inquiring about the shepherds joy, to which they responded "you just have to see it for yourself!!"
TAKE THAT WORLD! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment