Sunday, August 8, 2010

Upside down

"We're livin' in a kingdom upside down. If you wanna go up, you have to go down..." These are the words to a children's song that I like...  I've always thought of this concept as refering to servant leadership...now I see it is so much more!

This is a journey that began several months ago, as my best friend was baptised by the holy spirit. She's never been the kind of person I'd expect to  go all charismatic! ...Then her non-believing rather dark friend came to know christ through her...  Then another unorthodox acquaintance of mine was filled and speaking in tongues...Then a good chunk of a friend's youth group was filled...

Funny how the bible college friends in my life are not included in this penticostal-like movement... It seems strange for God to pick the people whom the church doesn't seem to jive with... The people who dont get alot out of a sunday morning service... It seems strange that God picked the ones who weren't trying all that hard to make their way in the kingdom.  Two of these darker individuals recieved the laughter of the holy spirit! Isn't THAT upside down all on it's own!

More and more I am beginning to see how upside down God's kingdom truly is.

No comments:

Post a Comment