Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Isaiah 30:10-15

"They say to the seers, "See no more visions!" and to the prophets, "Give us no more visions of what is right! Tell us pleasant things, prophesy illusions, Leave this way, get off this path, and stop confronting us with the Holy One of Israel!"

Therfore this is what the Holy One of Israel says:

"Because you have rejected this message, relied on oppression and depended on deceit, this sin will become for you like a high wall, cracked and bulging,that collapses suddenly, in an instant. It will break in pieces like pottery, shattered so mercilessly that among its pieces not a fragment will be found for taking coals from a hearth or scooping water out of a cistern,"

This is Isaiah talking to the israelites about how they choose to listen to the false prophets instead of the real ones who are coming with less-than-pleasant news... I can't help being convicted by these words because the church (including me) seems to be crying out to the people with bad news "stop it! Just look at the theology that can break down your Holy words from God!" we don't counter with false prophets anymore, we counter prophecy with theology now...

I walk into the church saying listen, I know from SEVERAL unrelated sources that have prophetic tendancies that the end of the world will be coming very soon... and the church just responds "well we can't know the day or the hour"...But I say "well the hour is drawing near!" and they say "well thats what paul said too"...

So I say...frick! He wasn't crying wolf and I'm not either!! I think it's time to start listening to some of the Rapture freaks! Not the ones that are saying May 21'st of this year...that's just stupid to pick a date. Do you really think you've out-smarted God?! ("oh shoot! Those people figured out my plan! I guess I shouldn't show my math work in the bible next time...")

Here's my spiritual timeline in the past couple years (and when I say "my" i am referring to me, Kayla and the bible study group as well as other un-related individuals)

- 2009 God calls me through Kayla and Jason (mike's friend) to do something deeper with my faith. Kayla joined a bible study group and started prophesying and stuff.
- I join the group...People are being saved from crap... more than 3 people prophesy and confirm each other's words that God is raiding the enemy camp and making an army for himself
- 2010...in this bible study, it is prophesyed (again, never by just one person or all at the same meeting) That it is harvest time. Harvest is messy. there needs to be a cleansing with fire which is painful. Cleansing of our souls, preparation for the battle
- Late 2010 I stop going to bible study, cause I've started speaking in tongues and prophesying and i'm scared of my own potential.
- 2011 I begin hearing from God that it's urgent I return to Him. Then Kayla confirms it with her own prophetic words (relating back to the 20 Bridesmaids, 10 with extra oil and 10 without...it's time to just follow, and no turning back to wait for someone to follow. Just follow your God).

Then there is all this end of the world stuff going around, all the natural disasters, all the world peace crap, and waaay too many un-related parties having deep spiritual convictions about end times right now...And If someone says this is all just worry, well then...you are telling me that the personal God I know is simply my own emotions and any connection I have had is not real with him...Because He is who I have recieved my convictions about this from...

So at this point I don't really know what to do with all of this...cause every generation, people think the end of the world is going to come. But I am confident in my faith, and convictions. Maybe I will see the end, maybe I wont...but I know I should be ready, Just as God is convicting me. In either case, I will have to stand before the throne and give an account. I am not ready to give that account yet, so i better pick up the slack...

No comments:

Post a Comment